Profhilo Face Bio-Remodeling
Anaesthetic cannot be used and is not necessary for this treatment. The injections sting briefly, but patients generally report only a mild discomfort. After the treatment, you may experience some tenderness for the first 24- 72 hours.
Profhilo is used to treat skin laxity and improve skin quality. It can be used to treat skin laxity and skin quality, almost anywhere, common indications include;
- The face
- Inner arms.
Generally, patients report an overall improvement in skin hydration, brightness, smoothness and firmness.
The practitioner will take a detailed medical history to ensure you have no conditions that might increase risk of unwanted side effects, consultation is also important to discuss your expectations and whether or not this treatment is able to meet them.
With any injectable treatment;
- Treatment is not recommended if you are suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment area or are unwell in any way (even a cold).
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are planning to attend a special event when a bruise, should it occur, would be unacceptable to you.
- If you are planning to attend an important event and any adverse event described would be unacceptable to you, discuss with your clinician in advance of having treatment.
- Some over the counter medicines and supplements can also affect bleeding (make you more prone to bruising) as can alcohol- which should be avoided the day before and after treatment.
- Vigorous exercise, sun exposure, sun beds, sauna should be avoided for 48 hours, or as advised by your clinician, after treatment.
- If you are at all concerned about symptoms you were not expecting or not happy with, please contact the practitioner for advice. If necessary an appointment will be made for you to be seen.
All make up will need to be removed prior to treatment, so please come ‘fresh faced’ if possible. Alcohol, aspirin, Ibuprofen and a range of dietary supplements including; St. John’s Wort, fish oils, Gingko Biloba, Vitamins C and E- may all contribute to bruising and are best avoided 24 hours before treatment. Treatment cannot be administered if there is an active skin infection, including acne or cold sores or if you are unwell- including colds, coughs, sore throats etc. Contact the clinic to discuss any illness or new medicines prior to attending.
Do not schedule treatment when you have other procedures planned, without first discussing with your clinician. This includes, but is not limited to; massage, facials, dental appointments and surgery.
Treatment with hyaluronic acid is safe, but not risk free, the clinician will discuss all the risks and benefits with you at consultation and again prior to treatment.
Longevity does vary between individuals, but results are expected to be gained over a period of 4-6 weeks and last for approximately 6 months. If you choose not to maintain the results with further treatment, your skin will return to its pre-treatment state over time.
Most people can continue with normal activities. Some will have some redness, pin prick marks. Bruising is possible.
The product is injected in small ‘deposits’, you may be able to see them initially, but they settle usually within hours. It may be possible to feel the product where it has been injected under the skin. It will settle, there is no need to massage.
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- You are advised to avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid sun bathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post treatment.
Any bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling and bruising goes down.
Symptoms to report to your practitioner
- Please contact your practitioner if redness, tenderness, itching or swelling worsens after 3 days, rather than settling.
- Blanching, mottled bruising/redness, or pain (beyond tenderness as you would expect with bruising or swelling).
- Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction can include shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, difficulty swallowing, swelling of the tongue, eyelids, lips, hoarseness of the voice, stomach pain, nausea or diarrhoea. If you have any of the above symptoms please report to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department or call 999 for an ambulance.
Clients can cancel or reschedule appointments at any time with a minimum of 48 hours notice before the appointment time; otherwise, a fee will be charged. To cancel or reschedule, please email, or text/call us. Please respect the time that is reserved just for YOU.
Should you still have more questions or inquiries, feel free to give us a call on 0203 936 4055 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Profhilo is the first BDDE-free stabilised injectable hyaluronic acid (HA) based product for treating skin laxity. With one of the highest concentrations of HA on the market (64mg / 2ml) it is not only boosting and hydrating the skin, but also remodels the ageing and sagging tissue.
Profhilo delivers great results as a treatment on its own or in combination with other aesthetics treatments currently on offer.
HOW DOES PROFHILO WORK
As a stabilised product Profhilo lasts in the skin around 28 days. During this time the stimulation of 4 different types of collagen and elastin takes place by slow release of HA.
The stimulation results in significant tissue improvement. Therefore we cannot say that Profhilo is a skin booster as it also has a significant tightening / lifting effect on the tissue.
There are many characteristics that make Profhilo unique from anything else available on the market right now. There is no BDDE content. It is thermally cross-linked generating stabilised hybrid co-operative complexes of H-HA and L-HA.
Despite its high HA content, it has a low inflammatory profile coupled with pro-healing properties backed by clinical studies. To fully understand this new concept in anti-ageing medicine we have to take a look at the technology first.
I am 57, and 15 months ago had full facelift. Prior to that, I had a few experiences with various types of fillers. I have a small face and am very slim. I never wanted great big cheeks, nor do I want to look like anyone other than me, but any of the juvederm fillers looked awful on me.
If I had a penny for every press release I've read offering a new amazing anti ageing treatment then I'd be on a sun lounger in the Bahamas right now. The beauty industry has quite literally exploded recently with a plethora of new 'tweakments' that promise to turn back the hands of time.
Explore Our Other Treatments...
- Botox & Fillers
- Microblading & PMU
- Nailcare & Waxing
- Anti-Hair Loss
- Body Sculpting